Friday, December 11, 2009

time.. MAP TIME!

I spent 10+ hours total this past week creating a bad ass map of the ECCC. It's definitely at 55/45! (yes, if you are asking, I did spend almost a half day on something worth 45 points). Anyways. I also spent about 10 hours total last week and this week on the final GIS lab. Again, those maps look pretty freakin' sweet, but this one was worth 80+ points. I would say, overall, from last Thursday to this Thursday if have spent a full 24 hours sitting in the basement of Shear working on GIS related projects.

That may seem like a lot, but I don't mind the work. I really don't. It's not like studying information from a book or memorizing statistics, this is practical and (yes I'll say it.. fun) and everyone wants to see the end result (a cool map). No one wants to read a 12 page report on whatever you spent all night writing. Maps are cool, reports are boring. I don't like, however, that I am spending all my time in the GIS labs. I noticed ALL this week I haven't done anything else! No biking, no studying, no eating, no girlfriend, no fun. Oh well.

A good post will be going up soon... as soon as something interesting happens or I actually bike... which may not be a while. sigh.

Don't be fooled by these maps. They don't look like they took over 20 hrs to make, but the GIS map required a LAB report and the Cartography map required a whole sheet of information and other related images. I would upload the final one, but this computer doesn't have Corel Draw (lame). Oh, I see google can't upload .tiff images either... nice.



No comments: