Monday, January 26, 2009

amazing...

FDA Approves Stem Cell Study for Spinal Injuries

Not a big fan of ABC or news stories that can be bias, but a friend of mine had this in his profile and I thought it was interesting.

I'm not going to get into a huge moral, scientific, whatever debate over the issue, I just appreciate the scientific technology surrounding it all and how people devote their lives to hopefully helping others. As the comments say, it may cause tumors, it may cause Parkinson's or other things, so who knows. I do think though, unlike Bush's platform, the issue isn't going away and this technology needs to be further researched and tested and financed....

Penicillin Antibiotic: Discovery 1928, used 1930's
First Heart Transplant: 1967
Stem Cell Research test that may let paraplegics walk again: 2009

That kind of progress in 80 years, Amazing to me.

No comments: