Friday, June 26, 2009

Freakout...... possibly quite soon

Mr. Jackson has died. I understand that he was an American icon and music "legend" and I like his older music. Thriller, Beat It, Smooth Criminal, Man in the Mirror... all good tunes.

Where am I going with this, you ask? That freak of nature died just today and on the way home, on Pop & Hip Hop radio stations, there were 2 Michael Jackson songs already broadcasting; completely out of sync with the other songs... like a Yankee's cap at Fenway Park (if you will).

For the next week, If I hear a Michael Jackson song on the radio every 5-10 minutes, it's going to thoroughly piss me the hell off. If you thought Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino was grouchy, wait until you say the name "Jackson" around me. Freakout imminent.

Ok, new topic. A (seemingly normal)teenage girl walking past me on a bridge today and became fluttered and asked me if "this was a bridge?" We were 25' in the air on a covered bridge over a street... I was contemplating a cruel joke to embarrass her with but decided to save the moment and keep it all to myself. I smiled and said "Yes, ma'am" and strolled away.

No comments: