Sunday, June 14, 2009

Project Upgrade.. It Has Commenced!






The most expensive part(s) of the upgrade is out of the way:
Old: Shimano Sora with up shifting on the hoods
NEW: SRAM Rival Doubletap

Old: Truvativ ISOflow Triple Crankset 175mm (heavy flexible junk really....)
NEW: FSA K-Force Compact Crankset 175mm (50/34) w/ Mega Exo BB

Still need:
Cassette (anticipating Sram 11-26)
Chain (who knows... something strong)
Rear Derailleur (Sram Rival)
Right now I have a Sora Front Derailleur being used on a triple, but supposedly it works with double cranksets.... but if it doesn't, I'll look for a 105 derailleur or something cheap.


I'm excited....... very very very excited! Also, Mtn biked ~30miles with Big E today, it was great! I'm afraid this upgrade is going to drain the bike parts budget, but a 29'er mtn bike is DEFINITELY on my mind. A "build it myself" project.

No comments: