Monday, August 31, 2009

I always miss the best stuff

On top of missing out on a fixer-upper cross bike, I also missed bidding on this by 3 hrs. It went for $52. Coupled with a carbon fork from BikeNashbar, I would have had a cyclocross frame and fork for under $200. Also, Jon found a great deal on Bonktown. Top of the line Time shoes with carbon soles and bells and whistles for $120. My CAT shoes are ok; light, stiff, but just not comfortable on top. There is just a shitty piece of fake leather between the straps and my foot... lame!
I also need some advice. I saw a friend today (a girl) who I kinda knew from classes the past 2-3 years and I barely recognized her because she lost a considerable amount of weight. She looked really good (not that she didn't before) and I said hi like a normal human being. The question is, do you say something about the obvious change in appearance? I was tempted to say "Hey, OMG look at you, you look great! How was your summer?" Instead, it came out awkwardly and went something like "Hey, wow, how are you, almost didn't recognize you..." I was afraid if I said you look great or mentioned about the weight loss, it would have implicated that I felt she was "big" before?
Do you also tell someone there's something in their teeth.... or does it depend the person?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally tell them about the teeth thing!