Saturday, September 5, 2009

W e E K E nD

It doesn't feel like the weekend... Well, it didn't feel like the weekend until I saw COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Woot!

I am so excited for the college football season that I pretty much ignored the Red Sox game that was on tv just now. (Well, by now, especially after the disaster last night and the AL standings, I've pretty much given up on the Red Sox).

The question is, will I make it to a PSU game this year? Fingers will remain crossed...

Well, today was pretty much amazing. I got up and left with Brielle to make a journey to Hamburg for the Hamburg Festival! After making a stop around H-burg to find out she will be a Godmother to a lovely baby boy Moxin, we headed to the festival! Woot!

No, the hamburger isn't a clever little alliteration for Hamburg (the town), It is because Hamburg has a Hamburger Festival! I had 2 delicious burgers today, and I didn't feel bad AT ALL! A brew with a burger would have been nice but the line was long.... like.... LONG.

In addition to the amazing burgers, had some french fries, a cople bites of water ice, and... Teaberry Ice Cream! It was perfect. There was also a show performed by Hawaiian dancers (some of which, can really shake their hoo has...) I also got a sweet pair of $2 shades from a nickle and dime store... they are pretty hip! Overall, had a GREAT day with Brielle, which is what I needed after some of the issues happening at Marching Band this past week.

There should be more festivals/town heritage parties. Europe has so much history that they have town festivals probably once a month for anything and everything. Free beer, good music, regional wine, dancing, costumes, history... I love it. They have 1,000's of years of history and can be responsible with heavy drinking. I'm jealous. I would LOVE to go to Germany for Oktoberfest... I guess I'll make that a lifetime goal, along with seeing The Collesium in Italy and attending a week of the Tour de France in France, and seeing a United match in Manchester or Arsenal in London.

(I added this because I found it and I think it's cool... I've always followed Premier Clubs but never really knew their place of origin.)

Back to College Football.... I love watching a close match with ranked teams. I like watching games with teams that have things to lose. It makes it more interesting. Blow-outs are ok, but when #4 USC beats up on San Jose State University College Blah Blah Etc... it is a little sad. I do like watching a ranked team just fall apart though. A top 5 team losing to an unrated poop school from nowhere USA is amazing. Right now, I guess I'll return to Georgia and OK State... Let's. Go. PSU!

BTW! mark this day in history... SU won a football game. Woot!

No comments: