Sunday, April 12, 2009

Paris-Roubaix Predictions

I don't know why, but I'm thoroughly excited for the race this evening. All the road races I've tried to predict involved (my man) Mark Cavendish and were sprinter stages or the Schleck brothers in mountain stages, but this one is tricky.

I think George Hincapie (another favorite) is strong this year, especially with Astana. He did very well in the Tour of California this year and I think he's a strong rider all around, but... does he have strong team help like the Cervelo Test Team???
Then there's Tom Boonen. Will there be a repeat? As much as I'd like to say maybe, I don't think so this year. Even with his bike (named after the race) and Sylvain Chavanel.

I wouldn't count out Fabian Cancellara.

But, this year I'm predicting: Someone from the Cervelo Test Team.

Roger Hammond - Heinrich Haussler - Thor Hushovd

It will be a battle between Haussler and Hincapie, but I think someone from Cervelo may take it.

No comments: