Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just rubbish...

Not exactly the right word, but the phrase popped into my mind instantly when I thought about this month.

So, Project Upgrade was a success! A big thanks to Dr. Goates and his "Goat Cave" of bikes, bike parts, and bike tools. Bike specific tools... note to self, need to invest soon. (Pictures will appear soon).

Why not a complete success you ask? The old Front Derailleur wasn't exactly the man for the job, so it looks like I'm off to get a new one somewhere. It's the cheapest part, therefore I'm not too upset.

Back to my foul mood. It seemed like a great idea when I planned it all out last month. Work MWF 9-5, and T-R-Sun. 5:30-10:30. Then I would have off from Friday 5pm to Sunday 5:30pm. Well..... It is turning out to be a disaster:

*My lovely girlfriend works mornings and has off Mondays (and weekends). I work all Monday, and she has to be in at 7am Tuesday.

*There is a big SMVC/YBR/SHIP challenge this month, but it is all on Thursday nights... I work at 5:30.

*I liked riding the Ironmasters TT series that Mark Lasser and YBR host, but they are on Thursday or Tuesday nights.

*There is the annual TNR (Tuesday Night Race) that Dr. Goates has instrumented and is usually a lot of fun....... again..... Tuesday nights is no good.

On TOP of all this, I missed online Reg. for the Mt. Nebo Road Race by a day or two and there isn't anything else good for weeks. I could go out to the Tour de Toona, but that is over my Birthday weekend. UGHHHHHHHHHHH just rubbish.

I might join the HBC next monday for their Hershey Ride... woot! riding with people again.

I've ridden so much alone this summer I should be a TT MASTER! ha ha... in a sad way.

No comments: