Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tell HIM your problems....


When I say HIM, I am referring to Dawson McAllister who airs one 99.3 Kiss fm Sunday and Monday nights. I used to listen all the time when I worked 3rd shift at Hershey and it kept me very much amused early Monday mornings. Let me share my thoughts on this enlightening program.

So troubled teens call in from all over the nation to seek advice on intense topics such as sex, drugs, underage dating, pregnancy, alcohol abuse, abuse, etc.. to a man who ISN'T a licensed counselor or "professional".

Now, I wonder how many troubled teens there are in Los Angeles and Detroit let alone the WHOLE COUNTRY! I feel that with so many people calling it that the people designated to "weed through" calls are only looking for callers that have lives that are so fucked up, that listeners are feel obligated to listen to their insanely ludicrous stories. This my friends, is sad.

Next, these people call in looking for advice when in the back of their mind, THEY ALREADY KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER! they are just looking for someone to draw it out of them (and in this case, it's on a nationally broadcasted radio program)

For instance, an girl called in tonight that has an alcoholic and abusive boyfriend and doesn't know what to do. She loves him but he beats her and she keeps on providing him with alcohol. She is an enabler. When you call this show, you have to know in your mind "he's going to tell me to break up with this bastard" which is the sensible thing to do, but you keep punching the numbers on your cell phone anyways. It's ridiculous.

An Oklahoma girl called in one night telling the world that she was pregnant and her drug addict boyfriend (the father) said he loved her and wanted to take care of the baby, but needed to visit family in Mexico before the baby was due. He hadn't been seen or heard from in 3 months and the girl was scared something happened to her baby's daddy. ARE YOU JOKING ME. I'm not even a fake professional therapist counselor like Dawson and I could tell that crackpot of a girl that the baby daddy flew the coop! His ass found out he was a father and didn't want to pay child support on a fixed drug dealer income and headed back to Mexico! She needed to call and have someone else tell her that.

This was my favorite tonight...
Caller: Yea Dawson, I'm like real scared
Dawson: What about?
Caller: My girlfriend is pregnant
Dawson: And why are you scared (name)?
Caller: "Cuz my grandma's gonna kick me out the house and her pop's gonna kill her or it"
Dawson: How old are you (name)?
Caller: I'm 18 and she's 15
Dawson: oh boy....

(MY RESPONSE if I were in Dawson's chair)

Cody: Boy you are fucked. 1. congratulations for just telling me and the country that you committed statutory rape. 2. Dumbass, your gf's father isn't going to kill anyone or he's going to be sitting in jail next to you while they take the mug shots for your Megans List profile.

I just want to hear Dawson say "Yea, stay with your mother who drinks and beats you and your boyfriend who deals Meth and wants to have unprotected sex, it's cool, everything will work out"

My point out of all this... it is a GREAT idea for teens to communicate their problems with other people who are willing to listen and work with them. JUST DON'T do it on NATIONAL RADIO SHOWS to a guy WHO ISN'T A LICENSED COUNSELOR when you already clearly know what he's GOING TO SAY.

That is all... goodnight.

No comments: