Friday, July 17, 2009

Mind Games...

In the Winter, I day dream about hitting the hot asphalt, unzipping my jersey and flying up a climb. I like slowing down a bit to look down and see sweat bead up on my(smooth, tan) legs. Makes me feel like I'm.... fast. Then I look 1' up to my computer and see I'm going 18 mph on a flat "sprinting" road. Then I whip up a gear and throw out some power and start the process all over again. Pouring cold water down over your helmet on a hot long ride... amazing.

But, in the Summer, I day dream about winter. I don't like the cold, but I fantisize about mountain biking (with my NON-exsistant mtn bike) around the dense woods, kicking up dirt and snow and listening to my gears menace in the silence of the dead woods. Even getting my favorite "cold" outfit on (UnderArmor, T-Shirt, PSU hoodie, and BDU Army Jacket, and Turtle Fur hat) and going out for a tramp through the woods. I hate the cold and freezing wind but even the TNR's were fun in almost arctic weather.

It's a vicious mind game that never stops. Believe me though when I say I'll take all the Summer mother nature decides to give us. Especially while I'm on the beautiful farm roads and mountain climbs around Ship this Fall.

+++

I applied to the PSP. I now realize that this is the only option I am considering at the moment. I think I have dropped the Grad School idea, DON'T want to be a corrections officer, Parole/Probation officer doesn't really strike my fancy, Local Police is ok, FBI/DEA requires experience.... I need to broaden my horizons. Maybe I'll stick to GIS and stay another year to get a minor. It would keep me in Ship and out of the "real world" at least.

+++

Ok, late night prediction. Mark this date. I, Cody Wertz, officially believe Alberto Contador is going to win the TDF. Lance... I believe he's going to 1-up you in the Alps. Anyone else think different? The way Lance and Contador swallowed up Cadel the other day (along with Cadel's weaker team) makes me feel as if he's not even in the running. Maybe Wiggins or Andy Schleck will just dominate and go up 4-5 mins.... yea.... probably not. Hell, maybe Cavendish will use his powerful legs and go through the mountain instead of over it.

goodnight

No comments: