Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas All...
So, like a big nerd, after opening presents and watching Christmas Vacation (which is a holiday tradition), I went out on a ride today in my new gear!!! It was G-R-E-A-T! Finally, finally, finally, NO frozen toes or feet! $20 Shoe covers from Performance Bike did the trick! And the new Adidas jacket... great as well. That, paired with the windproof (and stylish) SU cycling vest, was a perfect combo and I didn't feel "cold" the whole ride.
Felt real sluggish though, on the flats and rolling hills, but the short steep climbs didn't seem to be too bad today. Kept good form (that's what I'm trying to work on...) and did well on them, so I guess it makes up for the overall laziness. I even saw an older, but good friend/ex-girlfriend when I rode by her house. Decided to say Hi, and I'm glad I did.
Ha ha, also, couldn't help it. I laminated a "Merry Christmas" 8"x 11" and pinned it on my back to be festive. (sorry, no pictures). No car honks though... that was a little depressing, but then again, I barely saw any cars.
Going back, I would venture to say that Christmas Vacation just might beat out A Christmas Story as my absolute favorite Holiday movie. Some lines just seem to make me laugh, every time.
Youtube: my favorite quotes!
Anyways, Merry Christmas. Have to start work again tomorrow night... :(

No comments: