Monday, December 29, 2008

3rd Shift Ghost Stories...

So, as some people may know, I work mostly 3rd shift security at Hershey Park. I like the hours, it is less stressful, time goes quicker, and more pay!

Anyways, after working the shift for 2 years, meandering around Hershey Park at night for 3-4 hours, your mind tends to wander, because there is lots and lots of time to think. So I have thought up of some Hershey Park Ghost Stories, some I've told people already, some I just made up, and some were told to me:

1. Did you know, during the day, Milton S. Hershey's statue in the fountain in Founders Circle is looking right. At night though, he is looking strait ahead or at you when you look.



Told You! Day = Left, Night = Strait at You

2. In the middle of the park, in the food court, there is a white house that is now a Subway. It used to be Milton S. Hershey's house before he lived in the Mansion. When he lived there, the train that runs just outside the park would wake him up at night. So now when the train comes through and whistles 3 times, you can see his reflection in the dark upstairs window...

3. When you walk by the Ferris Wheel, the very top boat is always leaning, or swaying, or moving. When you flash your light up, you can see the top of a little girls head, pig tails with pink ribbons; but she never makes a sound, or stands up. Then a second later, she is gone. I found out later, through research, that a young girl accidentally fell off the Ferris wheel in July 1997 and died.

4. There is an old, rusty, 1940's-1950's dark green car parked outside the Ampitheater for aesthetics. Whenever you walk past it, without fail, the horn goes off and scares you to death... but there is no engine, no battery, no electricity, and no driver. I swung my light around quick just as the horn went off one night, but all I saw was the dice hanging from the mirror swaying.

5. Past Midnight, until the sun comes up, you can't see your shadow from the moonlight on the pavement or blacktop that runs through Hershey Park.

6. At the Highmeadow Campground, one night, I went into the wooded path by the creek and I heard a rock splash into the water. I looked around and didn't see anyone or any ripples in the water. I then heard another splash, closer, come from the water... but again, no people or ripples. Then I heard a young girls voice say "Do you want to play with me?" but no one was around. I ran back to the check in office and stayed there for 3 hours. (OK, this one was told to me, but I'm pretty sure it's true, because the person who told me is serious and credible)

No comments: