Friday, January 8, 2010

Avatar... great movie and I don't hate America

All I've been hearing when people talk about Avatar is "oh, you know that's an anti-American movie"  It's about to become the top grossing movie of all time...

This is the only respectable news article I could find... I couldn't find any on CNN, FoX, or MSNBC about it being anti-American.

Anyways.  This is such bull shit.  It is an absolutely fabulous movie and there is no reason why you can't sit and enjoy the movie, the colors, the story, the action, or the characters without leaving an anti-American communist.  Yes, it can be construed a little bit that way, but the story relates to history.  hello? Didn't we kind of do the same thing to the Native Americans?  Truth hurts, but we can learn from it and try to be more understanding now that we are becoming a less prejudicial nation. (yea, I said it... excluding the deep south, of course)  No lie, my 8th grade history teacher said it best, "The US has always had the same foreign policy: We see it, We like it, We want it, We get it."

Now, extreme right wing groups who are bantering on about how it is anti-American and an abomination against the nation are, in my opinion, complete idiots.  I hate these people.  Excuse the language, but chill the fuck out and enjoy the movie.

Anyways, here's my two cents... great movie, ESPECIALLY in 3D, great characters, great story, AMAZING special effects, and, I will admit... I almost (almost being the key word) teared up a little twice.  It's worth the $12, go see it. really.

No comments: