Monday, January 4, 2010

Dreaming of Hushovd???

I had a very vivid and realistic dream last night involving this man, Thor Hushovd...

I woke up and instantly googled him to see if I had seen the correct face... I did. It was so realistic. I was riding behind the peloton in a big one day race to take video and make sure the stragglers went the right way. Thor was in the back and broke off with a group and somehow, we ended up going off course. Thor hit something and went down hard. I ran up to make sure he was ok. He mumbled something in a different language (German?) and kissed his bike. His shoulder was cut up but he said, rather the bike than my body. I tried to fix his rear derailleur to get him in the race, but he smiled and said (with a surprising good accent) to help him with the rear tire so he could just finish with dignity. It was a tubular, but he peeled the tire off pretty quickly. He handed me a spare, which was cut in half (from god knows where) and said to slip it on the rim so he could glue it. I did. (Why was his back tire blown if he crashed forward???) I don't remember much after that, I do remember his face and voice and crazy muscular legs when I woke up and I think he was wearing white or green.

I don't know why I felt the need to tell you that. Just thought it was creepy/weird to be having dreams about pro cyclists. What was even weirder, was the voice and face matched up pretty damn well when I found a velonews interview ( :40 in if you watch it) with him from the TDF... creepy.

No comments: