Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Advice: Don't "Call Out" 6'5" West Chester Football Players....


Homecoming was fun, despite the cold and rain. The football team played West Chester and WON! I actually think we can beat Bloomsburg next week and go to playoffs...
Anyways, at the game, I witnessed unsportsmanlike conduct from the stands. I clearly saw West Chester Linebacker #43 hop out of a pile after a play, turn around, and deliberately kick one of our players while he was on the ground, in the face/chest region. When our player got up and started to fight with #43, he acted like he had done nothing (to avoid a penalty). It was broken up but I was still pissed.

That night, I looked up who #43 was on the WCU Athletics website and found him to be:

Sam Scott, 6'5" 215lb Sr. Linebacker

I searched and found him on facebook and decided to "call him out" about his face kicking incident... I think it wasn't appropriate but done appropriately. (aka, I didn't swear or use obscenities at him) and let's be honest... I had been drinking.

Cody Wertz October 17 at 9:23pm
"I was at the SU/WC football game today and I saw you flat out kick one of our players while he was on the ground under a pile of people. That was a dick thing to do and I can't believe you didn't get a penalty. Who kicks people when they are already on the ground. That is unsportsmanlike and unnecessary.... cheap shot.... "

I chuckled at his inappropriate reaction:

Sam Scott October 18 at 1:45am
"Shut the fuck up..u have no idea what was going on in the game or in piles...u didnt c what he did to me...so mind ur fuckin business and stay in the stands."

He could have conveyed all of this without swearing at me. Let me translate what I thought would have been an appropriate reaction:

"Cody, I formally disagree and would like you to stop saying these things. I would imagine that you aren't a football player if you are sitting in the stands (but I don't really know) so you don't really know what kinds of thing go on in football piles. In addition, you didn't see the inappropriate action of the SU player that merited such an irrational reaction. Personally, I think you shouldn't have jumped to conclusions and attacked me when sitting far away in the stands about actions on the field you don't really experience or know about" Respectfully, Sam

I would have given him a little respect and apologized if I would have received a reply like this...
:) oh, the thins I do to stir up trouble....

No comments: