Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Winter Energy

So THIS post by a Goat I know (and the upcoming VO2 MAX test) are really motivating me to get better. Close to 90 miles last week. Eating better. Going to the gym. In addition, I plan to ride a lot more outside this winter. Actually, the plan is to go hard for 2 months, then start getting in longer rides when it warms up. Ride inside or outside every day. Dammit, I want a Cat. D Collegiate podium finish! Chop was close last season starting off in D so basically, I have to get as good / better than chop was last year..... oh boy.....

Anyways, does anyone know any good sports drinks? I have been rocking strait Gatorade powder mix and was tempted to get this stuff on bonktown for $7:

but shipping was more than the actual mix, which was depressing. 2 containers = $14. with shipping = $23. I just couldn't do it.

Any other better stuff out there???

Also, after long and hard rides, I have been drinking Whey Protein Shakes with skim milk. Which is better, Whey or Soy protein? Or something different? I have yet to read about the differences.


ps. I'll have pictures taken this Thursday of the VO2 Max test for your enjoyment...

No comments: