Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Rides: Nice Colors, Creepy Corn

Yesterday and today, I went on two brisk fall rides. LOVE IT. Winter can delay itself all it wants. I've been riding more in wooded areas but the last two days I have been out in the farm country. I love the colors; the greens against the tan of the corn beneath the blue of the sky. Yesterday looked amazing (hopefully pics. soon).

One thing. On today's ride, I was alone and literally... I DIDN'T SEE ANYONE! NO ONE. I'm not joking. I was 45 minutes on farm roads out past Fish Hatchery and I didn't see one farmer. Not one person plowing, not one person hanging laundry, not one person cutting grass or even getting the mail. IT WAS CREEPY!!! I only saw 2 dogs and a few cars speeding by.

The absence of life and abundance of dead corn (along with the fact I was alone) made me feel like I had just entered this movie...... anyone else ever get this feeling riding aroun ship farmlands???

No comments: