Monday, March 30, 2009

4:00am "MOM'S A LITTLE STRESSED RIGHT NOW!!!"

Yes, you read that correctly, it is 4:00am Monday morning and I am officially pulling my first collegiate "all-nighter" This is pretty much a good representation of me at the moment (minus the cigarettes and amphetamines).

You may be asking, if I have so much work to do, why am I blogging... good question. Because when you have the mindset to stay up all night, you can relax more and take your time (which you have more of now anyways). ps. That made sense... just read it a few times.

What am I doing you ask... none other than a 10-15 page Final Research Paper for my Race, Ethnicity, and Crime Capstone class. It's like your Senior Paper... aka, The Big One! I'm not 100% pleased with it, but I think it will do. I put a solid 12-14 hours of work into it already.

I am also doing 2 G.I.S. labs that I have put off for a week. It's not that the labs are hard, they just require a lot of trial and error at some points and are very time consuming. But, Surprisingly, I would take a tricky GIS lab over a paper any day.

PS. I decided about 3-4 weeks ago that I am going to go for a Certificate in GIS... Woot! Can anyone say... Resume Enhancer!!! jk.

It's not that I have procrastinated (well, a little on the paper), it's that I have been EXTREMELY busy this semester... more than anticipated. VPM of KKY, cycling training and races, 2 bands and learning a new instrument, and some difficult school work. Everything, including 3 tests and 1 paper seemed to stockpile this past week/weekend. Plus, this week when I'm suppose to be relaxing and enjoying my trip to Myrtle Beach, all I will be thinking about is how much I can't afford to miss class Thursday and Friday and what work will I have to do next?

As for cycling...... single speed is near completion and some BIG purchases are imminent, hopefully in time for PSU weekend! Will post training schedule for the next few weeks in a few days. I feel fat, lazy, and my head hurts. That = too much sitting on my lazy overworked ass and not enough cycling.


No comments: