Monday, March 16, 2009

Project Single Speed

Project #1 is in the works!


It reminds me of The Six Million Dollar Man (yes, I'm old enough to remember watching re-runs at my grandparents house when I was a "wee lad")

"We have the technology, we can rebuild him...."
(The Technology)


Anyways... the frame's at the bike shop this week... bottom bracket's getting a lube job! Should be back by this weekend.

For a visual of the final result... (only mine will be a sexy blue)!

All that's left to get is the conversion kit, which is probably the most important part, a cheap used road brake from somewhere (because I want to stop... it's not a fixie), and tires.

Speaking of tires.... found these on E-Bay and I really want them!

One more small problem, the rear wheel I'm planning on using is currently on the road bike because my Neuvation R28 Aero4 is broken. But the new one is being shipped from CA as we speak!

Estimated Project Completion Date... 3.30.09



No comments: