Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Last House on the Left

Well, I see that they have re-made another classic horror film...

I have seen the original, like many re-made horror flick originals (Dawn of the Dead, Assault on Precinct 13, The Hills Have Eyes, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc.) and there are few (I think) that measure up to the originals. Yes, we now have the technology to show people getting chopped and mangled, but back in the day, there was more suspense, you didn't look at something and just see CGI effects (although I'm not dissing the technology and new films, don't take it that way).

This re-make, though, is going to have to step it up, big time! The original The Last House On the Left was (for lack of a better word), insane. Really crazy. If you've seen it, then you know what I'm talking about, just awfully insane. So I am excited to see the remake and see if it has the "shock" factor as the original.

Some good horror movies to watch, or just crazy movies to watch before you die would have to include...

1. The Shining (with Jack Nicholson) (still one of the only moves that still can really scare me)
2. The Evil Dead (just a terrible movie, effects, story line, and claymation all terrible, but a must see, for the laughs)
3. Cannibal Holocaust (don't ask, if you love animals or don't like nudity, not for you)
4. Stephen King's "It"
5. and finally, the original "Psycho"

ps. The Ring and The Grudge were legitimately scary movies, if you watch them alone in the dark, everyone I have talked to says they are "stupid" or "annoying"... I formally disagree.

pps. I watched The Mist last month as well, much better than expected. I liked it.

No comments: