Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Frustration...

I don't know what it is lately. So many things are just making me SO frustrated!!!

1. I broke my NEW rear Neuvation wheel at the Princeton Crit. Race. I fell, and a spoke (nipple attached) ripped right out of the rim. Rim is cracked, which, = broken and no good.

$160... Gone. Toast. In the great words of Monty Python from the "Dead Parrot" skit (2:20 on)...
I have an "Ex"-wheel....

2. My classes this semester have been ok, but now in Brass Class we are learning Trombone. I don't like the Trombone, I don't like how it looks, how it sounds, even how you play it. In addition to my loathing of this instrument, the one I borrowed has a bent slide, now I need to rent another one. $35.

Plus, Physics class is slowly becoming a disaster. The professor is a sweet little old Russian lady who used to teach at a Aerospace Military Academy in Russia. Intense. But she throws up notes way too fast and goes at lightspeed sometimes, and I barely understand things as is.

3. Now, today, I lost 3/4 screws that hold my cleat onto my road shoe. In the middle of a ride none the less. Ughhhhhhh. It's enough to make me scream. So I rode 5 miles home with my heel on the left pedal, praying my right leg wouldn't give up on the uphills.

4. I have noticed my OCD getting worse lately, which is bad, because I have been getting better with certain things.
  • I now set/check my alarm clock 5 times (instead of the usual 3 times).
  • I am now putting my phone on silent before class at least 2-3 times.
  • I am unusually checking my e-mail every chance I get... probably twice every 30 mins if I'm at the computer.
  • I'm locking my watch into place 2 times now before I head out.
  • I've been a lot more anal about my bed being made... (it's not tucked in now, which is slowly wearing at my nerves).
  • Finally, a new tick I've noticed, I align and re-arrange the pile of newspapers that are stacked outside the elevator of Stone Ridge. Who does that?
5. I am slowly going broke... fast. I have a lot of money to collect which won't be bad, but with no time for a job, the funds disappear quickly. And if I can't get my wheel fixed for free or with a discount... that's going to be $160 that I don't have.

Livestrong... when life throws you lemons, make lemonade!

No comments: