Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Green Thumb

My newest summer project... hopefully I will have some yummy veggies soon. I'm proud, I just don't like mom's eye-sore of a bird bath smack dab in the middle of my vegetable garden. It's nothing fancy or extravagant, just a few tomatoes and peppers. By the way, that is a garden in the front yard. Some may say that's "white trash", I say it's functional and cheaper than flowers (although some marigolds may be in store for the garden when it gets warmer) (but marigolds attract rabbits, so I might hold off on that).

I don't think I've mentioned yet, but FYI, I miss school but I love summer. I like that my biggest decision for the day was whether or not to get flowers for my garden. Joy.

1 comment:

Cody said...

Good news, the plants survived the cold last night. woot. And I added mint plants from my neighbors spice garden and a few bulbs. I also found out that Banana peels deter ants from the tomatoes... so it looks like I'm saving a little more of my morning banana than originally intended.