Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Video Game Heroin

I've found myself playing video games for the first time in MONTHS! Literally. I only have a Nintendo 64 and a Nintendo X-Box... nothing fancy. I don't have the time, or justify spending hundreds of dollars on a game system (even with the graphics... I'd rather spend it on BIKE PARTS!)

Anyways, it's been raining (a lot ), and I haven't been feeling good, and no work yet, so I've had some free summer time. Eh, why not.

(Side Tangent: What i do miss is Mario Bros. for the original Nintendo. I loved those games, I had them all and beat them all! Super Mario Bros. 3 was my favorite...)

So, anyways, I figured if I had some free time I would stop in Gamestop and look at the used X-box games. I found one that I always wanted to try out, but never actually did. And it was only $7, woot! Manhunt is the name and killing is the game.

What a crazy game, I don't know what to think. Instead of going out cycling or reading and gaining knowledge, I'm sitting in sweatpants in my (oversized) room paying a game about an ex-convict who's goal is to go around an abandoned city and brutally execute gang members. What a life. As much as I 'dis' it though, it's addicting.

As addicting as it is, let me give ya'll this advice... don't get addicted. I sat down today and played manhunt for 1 1/2 hours like it was nothing. Get out as much as possible, ride a bike, hike a mountain, read about something you're interested, anything, just don't waste time with games. It's ok once in a while, but don't let them consume your valuable life. You don't learn life skills (speaking, knowledge of current events, people skills) from games. wow, just sounded like a soccer mom there.

Ok, I'm done. I think I'll watch The Happening.... good. more death.....

No comments: