Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm So Excited... And I Just Can't Hide It!

Ok, So I had planned a trip to Kentucky last semester for the summer to go caving... and I have officially labeled that idea LAME compared to my newest summer adventure:
I'm Shippin' Up To BOSTON!
Brielle and I are going to leave the morning of Friday June 19th and dive up to Harold Parker State Forest just outside of Boston and camp for the night. Spend all Saturday the 20th in Boston and then go see THE RED SOX at FENWAY PARK as they take on the Atlanta Braves (booooooo). Then, stay at a hotel in the city then drive home Sunday morning.
~
Let me just say I am bubbling with excitement. This has been a goal of mine to make it to a Red Sox home game and It's finally happening! Woot! There are only two more things I wish would have happened to make it ABSOLUTELY perfect. 1. If there were playing the Yankees and not the Braves. 2. If I was 21 and of legal age to enjoy a cold beverage in the park or a pint at a local Irish pub of Boston.
~
I'll survive. And I'll be with my lovely companion which will make the trip even more special!
It will be a good and well needed break from work too.... If I spend too much time at Hershy or Mechanicsburg, my brain will start to deteriorate for sure.
~
Just as an add on because I'm bored and think this post needs more jazz, I'll include my favorite teams (and sports) just in case anyone shares my interests and wants to talk sports sometime:
NFL: Pittsburgh STEELERS
MLB: Boston RED SOX (followed closely by the Phillies)
NHL: Pittsburgh PENGUINS
NBA: Boston CELTICS (but really, I could care less about Pro Basketball)
NCAA FOOTBALL: PENN STATE
NCAA BASKETBALL: DUKE
PREMIER LEAGUE FOOTBALL: MANCHESTER UNITED
CYCLING: let's not even go there... that could be a post all by itself.
~
Back to the Red Sox... Nice to see a sweep of the Blue Jays this week! We are slowly making our way back on top of the NL East. Matsuzaka though... what a disappointment this year so far. And how about those Dodgers? Yikes! Even without Ramirez they are gunning along. Glad we got rid of him when we did!

No comments: